Besides the accessbility, the Web Guidelines also help ensure the universality of web content.
Therefor, Web Guidelines version 2 contains guidelines about:
- Semantically correct use of technologies for web content;
- Separation of content, style and behaviour for better manageability;
- Layered application of web technologies;
- Meaningful error messages;
- The user friendliness of forms;
- Multiligualism of web content;
- Nested viewports;
- character encoding using UTF-8;
- Open specifications;
- Clear, unique and durable URIs.